Tuesday, November 11
I picked this up over at Estoreal (I guess I should practice safe surfing to avoid picking these things up) and thought I would join in the fun. This is a bit off the cuff, so some of them are probably not my favorites for that letter; but I didn't want to spend too much time on it.
1. Pick one film to represent each letter of the alphabet.
2. The letter "A" and the word "The" do not count as the beginning of a film's title, unless the film is simply titled A or The, and I don't know of any films with those titles.
3. Return of the Jedi belongs under "R," not "S" as in Star Wars Episode IV: Return of the Jedi. This rule applies to all films in the original Star Wars trilogy; all that followed start with "S." Similarly, Raiders of the Lost Ark belongs under "R," not "I" as in Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark. Conversely, all films in the LOTR series belong under "L" and all films in the Chronicles of Narnia series belong under "C," as that's what those filmmakers called their films from the start. In other words, movies are stuck with the titles their owners gave them at the time of their theatrical release. Use your better judgment to apply the above rule to any series/films not mentioned.
4. Films that start with a number are filed under the first letter of their number's word. 12 Monkeys would be filed under "T."
5. Link back to Blog Cabins in your post so that I can eventually type "alphabet meme" into Google and come up #1, then make a post where I declare that I am the King of Google.
6. If you're selected, you have to then select 5 more people.
Back To The Future
Guys and Dolls
It’s A Wonderful Life
Kind Hearts and Coronets
Raiders Of The Lost Ark
V For Vendetta
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
I am also supposed to tag 5 others to spread this around.
I feel dirty.