Wednesday, June 2

Job Status

I'm not sure just how much anyone wants to hear me whine, so I will keep the job update to a minimum. I have found that trying to find a job during the summer is much harder because of all those college kids with nothing to do but have irresponsible sex and make extra money for school.

Put in lots of apps.I was amazed of the number of places that let you apply on line; it seems wrong to job hunt in my underwear. Got a lot of not hiring right now. Did a 2 hour interview with FedEx... paperwork, lift test and drug test. Most places say they'll be in touch in 2 weeks to 2 months. By then I will have aged another 10 years.

Have been in touch with my Boss and realize that most of the birthday mishap was just a case of both of us being moody. I know that it might be hard to tell from this blog that I might inadvertently (or vertently) antagonize people who are around me a lot, but I can really be an ass. The 2 weeks leading up to the event, I had been suffering a great deal of foot pain that transferred itself to the entirety of my body and spirit. This caused me to be on edge and cranky to an even higher degree than usual. My boss tells me that I was a hurtful ass (sounds reasonable). I thought she was being... bossy. Turns out that she had even bought me the Buffy season 6 DVD set. Not only did I lose my job, but I lost out on some cool swag.
I am supposed to go talk with her tomorrow; I'll let you know how that goes.

No comments: