Tuesday, July 29

The Dark Knight




Finally got together with the magnificently generous Collett's to see The Dark Knight. It seems that the daughter and I and some Amish folk had not seen it yet and the Collett's decided to remedy that for us... not the Amish folk; just me and the kid.

My micro-review, I was batty for it. Yeah, the Joker was a bit too much of an unknown in this Batman universe. I'm sure that was intentionally done, with plans on expanding on it in another sequel. Sadly, with Heath Ledger's untimely demise, that will probably not come to pass.

The other minor quibbles were 1)Having 2 villains made the plot seem over stuffed; unfortunately that seems to run par for the genre course. Two-Face should have been born and left to fight another day. 2) The ending cover-up resolution seemed a bit absurd.

Even with those flaws, I think the movie was a great summer film and deserves all the box office history it will certainly keep making.

Heath Ledger certainly deserves an Oscar nod for his absolutely stunning and unsettling portrayal of the Joker.


THANK YOU TO TONY AND KATHY FOR A GREAT TIME WITH GOOD FRIENDS!


No comments: