Monday, February 11

Steve Gerber is gone...



...from this place of temporary existence. He will, however, remain in the thoughts and hearts of those who knew him or knew and enjoyed his work.

This really hurts to have to write this entry. Steve Gerber was Marvel Comics for me in the seventies; if Steve wrote it, I was there. Man-Thing, Morbius the Living Vampire, Omega the Unknown, The Defenders, Guardians of the Galaxy, Son Of Satan, Howard The Duck and all the other titles he worked on.









His recent work for DC was just as good as anything he'd done during my youth. Hard Time deserved better sales than it got and his Dr. Fate work in Countdown to Mystery was some of the best reading in current comics.
















I had just found his blog in the last year and visited it daily hoping for a new post. His recent decline in health had me worried, but I hoped things would improve and we would all have many more years of Steve's work to enjoy.













Alas, this was not to be. On February 10th, Steve passed away. If death did take some form to come and claim him, I hope it was as an elf with a gun.

Steve would've had enjoyed that.

My condolences to his family, friends and many, many fans. Rest in peace, Steve.

No comments: