Thursday, November 3

Aaron Brown: Too smart for CNN




CNN has replaced my favorite newsman in an effort to pimp their newest rising star. Anderson Cooper will take over the NewsNight spot and Brown will be shown the door. Whenever critics of Brown described him, they always used cerebral as if it were a bad thing. I suppose it's an effort to sex up the news channel and go for younger, less cerebral viewers.

It would be easier to be angry if Cooper was a talentless hack, but I think he is a very talented journalist and I do love his style; but Brown has always been my favorite anchor and I resent the infotainment line of reasoning for this move.

This is my - Hey you kids, get off my lawn! - rant of the day.

Maybe Aaron could team up with Linda Ellerbee and create a new show for the ages. I can dream.

No comments: