Tuesday, January 18

ABC Greenlights Night Stalker Pilot




This is the kind of important news that brings me back to the blog...


The SciFi Wire is reporting that ABC has given the go ahead for a Night Stalker pilot.

My reaction to this is a mixture of joy and distrust, and I haven't figured out what ratio that mixture is. The original series is one of my all-time favorites and repeated viewings with an older, more critical eye has not changed that opinion. Now that a remake has been announced, my joy is dampened by the certainty that the network execs will insist on updates that will cause me more horror than any plots they come up with.

I have nightmares that Carl Kolchak will be a cynical, wisecracking teenager; good looking and dressed like a male model. Just what will they do to remake the series into something that the original fans no longer recognize. I understand the need to appeal to a new and younger audience; but, if the result no longer resembles the original, why bother calling it Night Stalker?

Okay, enough fanboy obsessing. Let's get to the fun stuff... fanboy casting.

Who would you cast as Carl Kolchak and how would you reimagine the series to satisfy today's audience and the fans of the original?

No comments: