Saturday, February 21

Darth Nader Considers Whether To Launch Deathstar Against Dems

On Sunday we will find out if Ralph Nader will step up to the plate for the Bush administration and help Dubya steal home yet again.

I was once an opponent of the 2 party system and actually voted for John Anderson in my first chance to participate in a presidential election. I now am reluctantly against the idea of multi-party politics; the more candidates, the less people it takes to vote someone into office. Nader is the perfect example of how things can go wrong. I would rather these independents, libertarians and the like try to bring their magic, mojo or comic relief to the 2 party system. Claim to be one of the big 2 and then try to convince the members of that party that they are the fresh new voice of that party. The party machines would not like the intrusion onto their turf; but whatever upsets the status quo within the system is fine by me.

If anyone else can think of a better way for things to work, let me hear it.

No comments: